The MS14N lets you embed Linux into your MCU projects. It is a low cost, open hardware Linux motherboard for micro-controllers. It runs open source linux system, has USB host port and has full Ethernet and 802.11 b/g/n WiFi capabilities.
The goal of the MS14N is to solve the connectivity problem and greatly enhance micro-controller products such as the Arduino.
MS14 support generic OpenWrt linux version or modified OpenWrt version such as Arduino Yun.
Applications for MS14N include remote control of robots, data logging, web applications for data presentation, mesh networking over WiFi and many more.
- OpenWrt Inside
OpenWrt is a reliable Linux distribution for embedded system. It is open source, under well developed and maintained. OpenWrt used package system, lots of powerful utility, software are maintained as packages form. Users can easily install, remove these packages to make a deep customized system.
- Open Hardware Design
Developers have the possibility to improve or do innovation on the hardware and release a new /unique product base on requirement.
- Low Power Consumption
Around 1 watt power consumption in working mode.
- AP, Client or Mesh mode WiFi
Can be configured in different WiFi mode for various applications.
AP mode: as what a normal WiFi routers does, so other WiFi client can connect to MS14N and share its internet connection.
Client mode: as what a normal PC does to connect to your existent WiFi router for internet connection.
Ad-Hoc for mesh network.
- Modular Design
The most complicate and difficulty parts are built as mother board. Developers focus on the MCU daughter board design only. This helps to reduce the development time, cost, risk, difficulty to release a new product to test/seize the market.
- Production Enclosure
MS14N has a Professional/Industrial enclosure which can be used directly for the market.
- Managed by Web GUI, SSH or Serial
Built-in Web server provides convenient to use/configure/upgrade/monitor or have full control by SSH/Serial.
- Various firmware upgrade methods
Firmware can be upgraded via serial port, SSH access, GUI interface for easy maintaining.
- Safe Mode
Robust software/hardware interface to reduce after-sale support cost.
- Remote upgrade AVR daughter aboard
Daughter board can be upgraded remotely to reduce the maintaining cost and provide central management/ deployment.
- Compatible with Arduino Yun software
Reuse all the source from Arduino Yun to speed up development.
- CPU: AR9331
- DDR RAM: 64MB
- FLASH: 16MB
- 2 x 10M/100M RJ45 interface
- 1 x power input: 9 ~ 12v DC
- 1 x USB host Port
- 1 x internet USB interface
- 14 x screw terminal positions
Cellular 4G LTE (optional):
- Quectel EC20 LTE module (Click the link and choose the right model when order)
- Micro SIM Slot
- Internal 4G Antenna + External 4G Sticker Antenna.
- Up to 100Mbps downlink and 50Mbps uplink data rates
- Worldwide LTE,UMTS/HSPA+ and GSM/GPRS/EDGE coverage
- MIMO technology meets demands for data rate and link reliability in modem wireless communication systems
Cellular 3G UMTS/HSPA+ (optional):
- Quectel UC20 LTE module (Click the link and choose the right model when order)
- Micro SIM Slot
- Internal 3G/4G Antenna + External 3G/4G Sticker Antenna.
- Up to 14.4Mbps downlink and 5.76Mbps uplink data rates
- Worldwide UMTS/HSPA+ and GSM/GPRS/EDGE coverage
- High-quality data and image transmission even in harsh environment
- Primary and diversity receive paths are designed for equivalent noise-figure performance
- Protocol: 802.11 b/g/n
- Frequency: 2,412 - 2,472 GHz
- Power: 100mW
Wiki for General Technical Guide
Get sourece code and compile firmware